COMPLETE AND PARTIAL DENTURES FOR BEAUTIFUL TEETH REPLACEMENT
Tooth loss comes in many forms and affects people of all ages. For cost-effective, nearly immediate tooth replacement, complete or partial dentures may restore your smile and the full function of your teeth. Composed of high-quality “gum tissue” and lifelike replacement teeth, dentures are removable, relying on the support of your oral cavity. Learn more about your dental prosthetic options by scheduling a visit with Dr. McElravy.
Types of Dentures
Unlike dental bridges, which replace a single tooth or multiple teeth in a row, dentures replace most tooth loss patterns. Familiarize yourself with the following options to determine which type of denture best suits your needs:
- Traditional Complete Dentures: A complete denture replaces a full arch of teeth, resting over your upper or lower dental ridge. Stability is achieved with natural suction and enhanced with special denture adhesive.
- Traditional Partial Dentures: A partial denture replaces one or several teeth, filling open spots on your upper or lower arch while accommodating your natural teeth. Metal clasps fit over your natural teeth for support.
- Implant-Retained Complete or Partial Dentures: Implant dentures receive added stability from dental implant. Strategically placed throughout your mouth, titanium implant posts will act as tooth roots on which either a full or partial denture will fit securely.
Dentures offer a wealth of advantages to patients suffering from tooth loss, including the following:
- Dentures restore your function, including effective chewing and comfortable, clear speaking
- You will feel more confident in the appearance of your smile, which may improve your social and professional life
- Dentures may revitalize the fullness of your lower face, which relies on support from the internal structure of your mouth – your teeth and gums
- Dentures are suitable for most patients, including those suffering from severe dental or jaw damage whose mouths will not support fixed prosthetics or dental implants
Schedule Your Next Dental Appointment:
Dr. McElravy and the team at Spring Pearl Dental practices patient-centered dental care, providing a compassionate, empathetic approach and a comprehensive selection of services. To learn more about all that we offer, to schedule your next dental checkup and cleaning, or for a same-day emergency appointment, contact us today at (281) 651-2782. Located in Tomball, TX, we proudly welcome patients from Spring, the Woodlands, Houston, Pinehurst, and all surrounding communities.